CLASS FEES: Academy - $30, Qualifying - $40, Championship - $50
OFFICE FEE: $30 per entry
STALLS & BEDDING: Stalls are available Thursday, October 24
Stalls in Brick Barn: $85, Stalls in Pole Barn: $50, Jump Outs: Facility charges $5 per day, Shavings: $9 per bale
ENTRIES: An entry form is available here. Entries should be postmarked by October 14. A back number will not be issued until payment is received.
Stalls are limited to approximately 300 stalls with 269 in the brick barns. It will be important to get your stalls ordered early. If your entries won't be sent in until after the deadline, stalls MUST be ordered by October 15. Please do not call in your stall orders. You will need to email stall orders to Lynn McCallister at firstname.lastname@example.org, with STALLS in the subject line, or send a text to 913-579-7709.
The fairgrounds has the right to cancel the show if the temperature is forecast to be below 32° the week of the show. In the event that this happens, any money received will be fully refunded.
CHAMPIONSHIPS: All championships require qualification by showing in a class in the respective division of the championship.
UPHA CLASSICS: Declaration Fee $50 - required with entry form, Starting Fee: $50 - this additional fee will be automatically added to your account. If you don't intend on showing in the class, you must scratch in the office prior to the session in which the class is held. The declaration fee is non-refundable and added to the prize money. All horses showing in classic classes must have paid the eligbility fee of $100 to the UPHA office by April 1. After April 1, the eligibility fee becomes $150 per horse.
There will be no money added to the classics unless sponsored. All classics qualify for the finals at the 2019 American Royal.
PREMIUMS: Qualifying classes will receive a trophy and six ribbons. Championships will receive a trophy and six ribbons.
HEALTH REQUIREMENTS: All horses must present a current negative Coggins test and Health Certificate upon arrival and before entry packets will be released.
CAMPER FEES: Full hookups with 20/30/50 amp service, water, sewer, waste dump stations. $20 per night for all utilities and $10 per night without utilities. You can hook up on arrival and the facility will come by and collect the fee daily. Over 200 sites available.
SHOW MANAGER: Lynn McCallister 913-579-7709
SHOW SECRETARY: Lenard Davenport 417-861-9192 - email@example.com
PHOTOGRAPHER: Natasha Douglas - 865-585-4083 - www.natdouglas.com
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF HORSE SHOW RULES
- Participation in the Horse Show can be denied to any person at the discretion of Horse Show officials for any reason at any time.
- Sportsmanlike conduct and following generally accepted equine safety principals are expected of all participants.
- Gate holds will be granted at the discretion of the Horse Show officials. Requests must be made in writing at least one hour in advance of gate hold requested.
- There will be no tack, equipment or clothing changes in the warm up area. All tacking shall be done in secured areas with appropriate safety equipment such as halters, leads, assistants as necessary. (Note: this rule does not apply to Academy classes – Please refer to Academy rules)
- No horse will be permitted to compete that has shown a prior propensity to endanger the safety of others (human or equine). This determination will be made at the sole discretion of Horse Show officials.
- No horse will be shown that is deemed unsound. This determination will be made at the sole discretion of Horse Show officials after consultation with a veterinarian if deemed necessary by Horse Show officials.